We are quickly approaching that time of year when we can get inundated with trying to do more: more parties, more gift giving, more commitments, and oftentimes more overwhelmed! It’s easy in all of this to let the importance of caring for our body and soul take the back seat to our other priorities.
We all know the good we ought to do when it comes to our health. We know that it’s in our best interest to exercise more and eat less of the processed, sugar-laden foods that are often a staple at this time of year. Without the proper motivation and being intentional, doing the good is often easier said than done.
But what if we shifted our perspective and trained ourselves for the more that God wants for our health? Instead of just focusing on training our bodies in fitness to have less- less weight, less tummy rolls and less numbers on the scale- what would change for us if we trained for MORE?
More perseverance under trial.
More dying to self.
More strength when we want to quit.
More vulnerability in community.
More showing up when it matters.
Let’s consider revolutionizing our fitness to making it our witness to the more that God has in store for us! I believe when we begin to train for MORE, the LESS we desire will also come. Less weight to carry on our body, less anxiety, less shame, and less guilt.
Here are some smalls goal that you can add in everyday. Making a simple change in any of these areas can help you move forward in your health goals.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. On days you spend lots of time sitting, take 5 minutes every hour to do some quick exercises. Walk in place, do some squats, wall push-ups, etc.
2. Eat something nutritious for breakfast at least 3 times each week.
3. Once a day—or more!—respond to your inner self-critic with Truth. You can do it!
4. Aim to eat MORE! Add an additional serving of vegetables to each meal.
5. Give yourself 5 stress-free minutes every day to close your eyes and just breathe and whisper a simple prayer. Inhale peace, exhale stress.
What are some ways that you will add MORE for your health and fitness this season?